Friday, November 1, 2013

Losing It by Cora Carmack

From Amazon.com

Virginity.

Bliss Edwards is about to graduate from college and still has hers. Sick of being the only virgin among her friends, she decides the best way to deal with the problem is to lose it as quickly and simply as possible—a one-night stand. But her plan turns out to be anything but simple when she freaks out and leaves a gorgeous guy alone and naked in her bed with an excuse that no one with half a brain would ever believe.
And as if that weren't embarrassing enough, when she arrives for her first class of her last college semester, she recognizes her new theater professor.
She'd left him naked in her bed about eight hours earlier. . . .





 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can't always judge a book by it's cover.  For me, the cover & blurb kept me from reading this for a long time, but somehow it kept coming back up & I decided to give it a chance when Amazon ran it for $0.99. I'm really glad I did!  I was pleasantly surprised!

Bliss Edwards is awkward...but charmingly so.  She is about to enter her final semester of college & is still a virgin.  With a little prodding from her friend Kelsey, she decides to go to a bar with the goal of finding a guy & taking him home.  To be honest, this is the part of the plot that kept me from reading the book for so long. It felt like a story that has been told time and time again...though usually from a younger male perspective. However, this was such a minor part of the story that I hate that it kept me away for so long.  The guy Bliss finds is Garrick...who is handsome, charismatic & British.  Everything that occurred between the bar & the apartment had me laughing...partially in horror & partially in recognition (sadly...I relate to the embarrassing, awkwardness).  When she decides that she can't go through with it, she thinks that is it...until the first day of school when Garrick introduces himself to her theatre class as their new professor.  This is the beginning of a whole new level of awkwardness.

As a theatre major myself, I related to & enjoyed the setting.  While the story may have been fairly predictable, it was incredibly fun. Don't go into this story expecting Shakespeare (even though their is a character named Hamlet!), but if you are looking for a light, fun escape, then check this one out.


No comments:

Post a Comment